​How to apply to Western Australian Public Schools

In some countries you may find it helpful or convenient to seek the assistance of one of TIWA's Approved Education Agents. They are available to assist you with your application and visa.


Select at least four schools. Please view the available schools list.​

TAFE International Western Australia reserves the right to offer students an alternative school if the preferred school is not available at the time of payment.

At this time you need to detail your welfare arrangements and include if children will be living with a parent, using Homestay or staying with a Department of Home Affairs approved blood relative.


Prepare the documents which must be submitted with the application. Please make sure you include:

  • previous education results and transcripts (latest copies in English)
  • a copy of the child’s passport.

3. Apply online

For the quickest response and turnaround, apply online.

Please ensure you identify at least four schools otherwise your application will not be accepted.       


4. Letter of Offer

Successful applicants receive a Letter of Offer and information on how to accept. You may receive a conditional offer if your application is incomplete. The offer details enrolment information (school, year of enrolment, commencement date and tuition fees).

Acceptance and Welfare

To accept the offer sign and return the Acceptance Letter, make the payment indicated in the schedule of fees and meet any conditions listed in the Letter of Offer.

Please refer to the TIWA Refund Policy for information about payment refunds.

Confirmation of Enrolment

Once your welfare arrangements have been accepted by TIWA and payment made, you will be issued with a Confirmation of Enrolment. This confirms a place in a public school and is needed to complete a student visa application.

When you receive the Confirmation of Enrolment you will receive the school details. You are required to make an appointment with the school to complete the enrolment process.

A condition of enrolment is that you give authority for your personal information to be provided to the Australian Government (Commonwealth) and state agencies, overseas student health cover providers, the Department of Training and Workforce Development, and Department of Education.


You can use an education agent to assist with lodging a visa application with the Australian High Commission or Embassy in your country. A school aged student must have a student visa in order to enter Australia and commence your studies.

6.  Receive student Visa and MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS

Ensure all travel arrangements are finalised to arrive at least a few days before the course starts.

Please note, the student will only be able to arrive from the date listed on the welfare letter. Please make sure all visa and travel arrangements are made well in advance.     

If you are unable to apply online you can print out an Application Form ​for Student Visa Holders and submit it by post or email.

TAFE International Western Australia
Admissions Team, Locked Bag 16, Osborne Park DC WA 6916


The following guide will provide additional information to help you start planning for your studies:​

Start Planning Guide ​for School students

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.