Book your flight
Once you accept your offer, try to book your flight as soon as possible.
Flights to Perth can be heavily booked near the start of each semester — December to February, and June to July each year.
Check your visa entry requirements. These may restrict your date of entry into Australia.
Prepare your documents
Bring the following documents to Australia. If travelling with your family, you should have their documents too.
- Valid passport with Student visa
- Letter of offer from TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA)
- Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) issued by TAFE International Western Australia
- All receipts of fees paid (eg course fees, OSHC, bank statements etc)
- Overseas Student Health Cover insurance certificate/policy details
- Copies of your academic transcripts and qualifications (original or certified*)
- Personal identification documents, including your birth certificate, identification card, driver’s licence or international drivers licence
- Medical records and/or prescriptions (if appropriate)
*Certified documents must be signed by a qualified person(opens in a new tab).
Keep documents in your carry-on luggage. Make backup copies, and share them with your family.
Arrival in Australia
When you land in Australia, you will submit an incoming passenger card(opens in a new tab). This is a legal document on which you must confirm if you are carrying any food, plant, wood, animal items or products, or more than AU$10,000 in cash.
View the Australian Government’s guide for students travelling to Australia(opens in a new tab) to see allowed products and advice on border clearance.
Airport welcome desk
StudyPerth's Airport Welcome Service(opens in a new tab) operates at key times in the academic year. Visit their desk at Perth Airport terminals one, three or four to collect your welcome pack, full of goodies to help settle into life in Western Australia.
For under 18s, airport pickup must be arranged at a cost of AUD$130. You can book this service through the Australian Homestay Network (AHN) website(opens in a new tab).
A taxi from the airport to central Perth costs approximately AUD$50. An airport bus (AUD$20) is also available and can drop passengers at central city hotels.
You will need enough money to pay for accommodation and other services. It is a good idea to have either a prepaid travel money card or an international credit card when you arrive.
As a TAFE student, you must attend the orientation session at your college before semester starts. This will help you settle into WA life and meet other students.