Semester 2, 2023
You need to complete your orientation session before you can start your classes. If you are unable to attend you must contact the International Centre at your college.
Prepare for your orientation
If your enrolment status is still conditional, please submit the required documents to TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) to confirm your enrolment prior to orientation.
Before orientation, you must create your Unique Student Identifier (USI). All students enrolled at a TAFE college in Australia need a USI, which links your enrolment details to your training records and results for easy access when you need them.
Please bring these materials to your orientation
- Passport (or copy)
- student visa letter or e-visa
- copy of your Letter of Offer received from TAFE International Western Australia
- money to pay your resource fees – pay by credit or debit card (no American Express)
- copy of your USI number (see above)
- pen and paper
View orientation details for your college
North Metropolitan TAFE (Perth, Balga, East Perth, Joondalup, Leederville, Mount Lawley campuses)
Thursday 13 July 2023
Venue: East Perth campus(opens in a new tab), room B202.
Time: Please check your course below for session time.
10 am for students in the following courses:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (BGY3)
- HLT54121 Diploma of Nursing (BGW5)
- ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology [Programming] (AC07)
- ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology [Web Development] (AC15)
- CUA31020 Certificate III in Screen and Media [Film and Television] (AC71)
- CUA41220 Certificate IV in Screen and Media [Animation and Game Art] (AC82)
- HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage (AWI6)
- SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management (AZU0)
- SIT50316 Diploma of Event Management (AZU4)
- SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism (AZV7)
- SIT30516 Certificate III in Events (AZV9)
- BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business (BFR1)
- CUA30720 Certificate III in Design Fundamentals (BGV6)
- SHB50121 Diploma of Beauty Therapy (BHK0)
- FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (BHU1)
- MSL40118 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques (BDV3)
- MSL30118 Certificate III in Laboratory Skills (BDV6)
1.30 pm for students in the following courses:
- SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing (BAA1)
- ICT40120 Certificate IV in Information Technology [Networking] (AC10)
- ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology [Network Administration] (AC11)
- CPC40120 Certificate IV in Building and Construction [Building] (BGC0)
- CPP30221 Certificate III in Surveying and Spatial Information Services (BGI8)
- 52889WA Diploma of Civil and Structural Engineering (BGR66)
- MEM30505 Certificate III in Engineering - Technical (W240)
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (AZU5)
- SIT31016 Certificate III in Patisserie (AZW8)
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services (AWJ2)
You may also need to attend a separate course induction during the week prior to classes starting. You will receive information about course induction at the above session.
If due to exceptional circumstances you are unable to attend, you must contact your International Centre at email@example.com.
South Metropolitan TAFE (Bentley, Carlisle, Fremantle, Jandakot, Kwinana, Mandurah, Munster, Murdoch, Rockingham, Thornlie)
Orientation session for all new international students
Tuesday 11 July 2023
Venue: Bentley Pines Restaurant, Bentley Campus(opens in a new tab), Hayman Road, Bentley
Time: 8.15 am sharp
You also need to attend your course specific induction:
- New students in community services, individual support and horticulture: 11 July, after the international orientation.
- New students in hospitality: immediately after orientation, you will finalise your enrolment; and purchase uniforms and equipment. Your course specific induction and BlackBoard system training is on 12 July.
- New students in Diploma of Nursing: On 10 July, you must attend your course specific induction (9–11 am) and BKSB test (11.30 am – 1.30 pm).
- For all other students: your course induction will be held at your first class session – details will be provided at orientation.
You will need to bring your COE, USI number and bank details to orientation. To finalise your enrolment, you need to pay resource fees at orientation.
At orientation, you will be provided important course information and details of your course induction.
If you are unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances, you must contact the International Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Late arrivals may not be accommodated.
Central Regional TAFE (Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Northam campuses)
If you have any questions or will be unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances, please contact the International Centre at email@example.com.
North Regional TAFE (Broome)
Wednesday 12 July
Venue: Broome campus(opens in a new tab) – meet at the main entrance outside reception.
Time: 9.30 am
Cookery students – you will have the opportunity to purchase your uniform (off campus), if you haven’t already purchased.
If you have any questions or will be unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances, please contact the International Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
South Regional TAFE (Albany, Bunbury campuses)
Tuesday 11 July 2023
Venue: Bunbury campus(opens in a new tab)
Time: 9.00–11.30 am; sausage sizzle at 11.30 am.
If you have any questions or will be unable to attend due to exceptional circumstances, please contact the International Centre at email@example.com.
The semester dates stated in your Letter of Offer may vary slightly. Your semester dates will be based on your study timetable and confirmed at the orientation session.
If you change your current email address please email TIWA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your life in Western Australia (WA)
For advice on accommodation, transport, banking, working in Australia, student support and more, view the Your life in WA page.