Skip to main content

School fees and charges

Your fees may differ if your child is a dependant of your Masters, PHD, Temporary Skills Shortage or Temporary Work Skilled visa – please refer to Dependants of visa holders page for more information. If your child is a dependant on any other visa the fees are listed below.

Tuition fees

Mainstream tuition fees for overseas fee-paying students

All tuition fees are reviewed annually. If new fees are increased, you will be required to pay the new fees as they are introduced.

2024 tuition fees
School level​Mainstream​With IEC*​With EALD**
​Kindergarten (not compulsory)  AUD$7,809N/A​N/A
​Primary (Years 1 to 6)AUD$14,575AUD$17,575AUD​$16,075
Lower secondary (Years 7 to 10)​AUD$17,286AUD​$20,286​AUD$18,786
​Upper secondary (Years 11 to 12)AUD$18,980AUD​$21,980AUD​$20,480

Fees for English programs

* Intensive English Centre (IEC): Additional fee of AUD$3,000 a year for placement.

** English as an additional language or dialect (EALD): Additional fee of AUD$1,500 a year applies for support.

Fees for disability support

Total fees for tuition and specialist support may be as high as AUD$25,000 per year. 

Fees for visitor visa short term placements

2024 tuition fees
School level0 - 5 weeks​6 - 10 weeks
​Kindergarten (not compulsory)AUD$976AUD$1,952
​Primary (pre-primary to Year 6)AUD$1,822AUD$3,644
Lower secondary (Years 7 to 10)AUD​$2,161AUD$4,322
​Upper secondary (Years 11 to 12)AUD​$2,373AUD​$4,745

Other fees

You pay the school directly for other expenses (separate from tuition fees) that include, but are not restricted to, the following: 

  • School books (Years 7 to 12)
  • Contributions, charges and fees
  • Excursions, incursions and school camps
  • School uniform
  • Transport to and from school
  • School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA) fees
  • Leasing or purchasing of computers
  • Stationery
  • Personal items;
  • Optional charges for students wishing to participate in activities such as golf or hockey, school ball, buying a leaver’s jumper

You will also need sufficient money for your child's transport costs, entertainment and other personal expenses (about AUD$150 a week). 

Overseas Student Health Cover

The Australian Government requires all student visa holders and dependants to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). 
View current fees and where to purchase on our OSHC page 

Last updated on March 8, 2024