500, 570, 572 or 573 (non masters) course


If you are an international tertiary student on a 500, 570, 572 or 573 (Non Masters) Visa, your children need to be enrolled as full-fee paying overseas students for the duration of your visa.

Enrolment conditions

Under State Government regulations, dependants of overseas students have a lower enrolment priority in a school than Australian citizens, permanent residents and some temporary residents.

There is a high demand for places in public schools in Western Australia and it may not be possible to place dependants in schools closest to the student’s home address or near the tertiary institution.

The enrolment of overseas fee-paying students at a school approved to enrol overseas fee-paying students is at the discretion of the principal who must  ensure that the school has an appropriate education program and available classroom accommodation.

Students on bridging visas

Students on bridging visas may access education on the same enrolment conditions allowed by the previous substantive visa.

When the student transitions to a bridging visa you must notify TIWA immediately and provide evidence of the visa grant notice.

Exemptions for certain scholarship holders

Dependa​nts of approved scholarship holders are eligible for the same enrolment entitlement as local students for the duration of their parents' study period only if they are the recipient of one of the following scholarships:

  • AusAID Scholarship;
  • Full scholarship awarded by the Commonwealth of Australia to a person who, because of the scholarship is permitted under a law of the Commonwealth to reside in Australia; or
  • Full scholarship awarded by Edith Cowan University (ECU), Curtin University of Technology, Murdoch University or the University of Western Australia.

Students will be required to pay local contributions, charges and fees payable by local students enrolled at the school.

Scholarship holders must apply through their tertiary institution for a letter of introduction to be taken to the school that confirms the local enrolment entitlement. The enrolment entitlement is limited to the duration of the scholarship

Fees and charges

Find out more about fees and charges in the tuition fees for school students page.


To apply to study at a Western Australian primary or secondary school view the application process page.


Please select your school level:

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.