South Metropolitan TAFE knows there’s more to student life than just studying. The college offers a mentor program connecting you with second year students to help you settle in. You can get involved and meet new friends through college organised activities such as the Rottnest Island tour and Dwellingup camping trip. Study support is also available to help you develop strategies to reach your study goals.
South Metropolitan TAFE offers a wide range of course options and specialised training delivery. You will receive high quality training and support from qualified lecturers.
South Metropolitan TAFE offers speciality courses in:
and a wide range of study options including courses in:
International students can study across campus locations at
CAMPUS FACILITIES and SERVICES
International students have access to the following facilities:
- Australian Centre for Energy and Process Training (ACEPT) at Munster campus features a fully operational oil and gas facility and process plant.
- Award-winning Training Restaurant, commercial kitchens, fine dining and bistro style serveries and bars, and bakery at the Bentley campus.
- Bakery at the Bentley campus.
- Bookshop at the Murdoch, Rockingham and Fremantle Maritime campuses.
- Cafeteria at all campuses - excluding the Jandakot, Kwinana and Munster campuses.
- Library with computer access.
- 'Live workshops' training on the latest vehicle makes and models.
- Maritime Training Centre in the Port of Fremantle includes simulators, maritime vessels, engineering workshops and aquaculture laboratories.
- Munster campus features mechatronics labs, international connectivity via FabLab WA and equipment to refine skills in 3D printing, CNC-milling, circuit production, laser, precision milling and vinyl cutting.
- Prayer rooms.
- Wireless internet access.
Bentley Campus - The Bentley Pines Restaurant and Bistro is located at this campus and offers five-star dining for lunch and dinner at greatly reduced prices. The Bentley Bakehouse is open Monday to Friday 12pm - 3pm.
The campus is a short drive from
Waterford Plaza Shopping Centre and the
East Victoria Park café strip.
Carlisle Campus - The campus is a short drive from the
East Victoria Park café strip.
Thornlie Campus - The campus is within easy walking distance of
Maddington Central Shopping Centre, which has over 80 stores.
Jandakot Campus - Although there is no cafeteria on site it is only a short walk to a number of local eateries. The nearest local major shopping centre is the
Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre.
Murdoch Campus - This campus is located adjacent to
Murdoch University which has a variety of on campus dining options, and the nearby
Bull Creek Shopping Centre.
Rockingham Campus - Along the southern coastline, Rockingham has a variety of activities to explore including
Penguin Island, and the
Rockingham Shopping Centre.
Fremantle - The vibrant city of
Fremantle has a mix of historic buildings and new bars and cafes. Highlights include the
Fremantle Markets and
Fishing Boat Harbour.
Munster Campus and Kwinana Campus - Located to the south of Fremantle, a number of public transport options can transport you to Fremantle and up to Perth. The
Kwinana Marketplace is the major shopping destination of the area.
Parking is limited at selected campuses. All campus locations are a short walk from public transport, provided by
Transperth, including the bus and train. In Western Australia you are eligible for a
student discount on all public transport.
There is a free
Central Area Transit (CAT) bus that operates within the Fremantle Central Business District (CBD) and provides frequent services around the areas.
Murdoch University Student Village is located only one kilometre from the Murdoch campus. Find out more about
accommodation options in Western Australia.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SUPPORT
The International Centres is located at the Bentley campus. International Office staff can provide support relating to your study or personal issues.
Find out more about
international student support and pastoral care.