Study English

Study English at TAFE International Western Australia

Evelyn, ELICOS student

Choose a country flag to read the translated version of the TAFE International Western Australia English Co​urses flyer:​

Australian flag Chinese flag Hong Kong flag Indonesian flag Italian flag Japanese flag Korean flag Spanish flag Thailand flag Vietnamese flag​​

Why Study English with TIWA?

  • Government owned and operated. You can be confident you have selected a professional and financially secure college.
  • Accredited by NEAS Australia for the provision of the highest quality English language teaching programs.
  • Membership of English Australia (EA), the peak professional body for all accredited English language (ELICOS) centres in Australia.

English courses

You can study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) at TAFE International Western Australia.

Further study opportunities​

After you have successfully completed your English course, you can choose from over 130 TAFE courses to study. Visit the course catalogue for information on courses.

Contact UsApply Now

Frequently asked questions

Q: Can I study English at TAFE Western Australia if I am on a tourist visa?

Yes, you can study for up to three months on a Tourist visa. You can apply now and follow the application instructions to study English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) at TAFE Western Australia

Q: Can I study English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) at night?

All of the ELICOS classes offered by TAFE Western Australia run during the day. Currently evening classes are not offered.

Q: How do I apply to study English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)?

You can apply now to study ELICOS at TAFE Western Australia.

Q: How do I know which English class I will be placed into?

When you start your English studies, you will take an English test at your selected college to establish your current level of English (such as Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced etc.). You will then be placed into the correct class for your level.

Q: How much does it cost to study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) with TAFE Western Australia?

TAFE Western Australia English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) courses cost $300 per week. There is no enrolment fee. If you are coming to Australia on a student visa, you will also have to pay for compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of your student visa. For more information about the English courses offered at TAFE Western Australia please see the Study English section of the website.

Q: How much time does it take to complete an English Course?

This depends on the English level you wish to achieve. As a guide allow approximately 10 weeks English tuition for every increase of 0.5 in the IELTS level you wish to achieve. For example; if you have an IELTS 4.5 and need IELTS 5.5, TAFE International Western Australia would recommend 20 weeks of academic English.

Q: How often will I have to go to class when studying ELICOS?
A: English courses run for approximately 22 hours per week. Your timetable may require you to attend for several hours each day or over a few days.
Q: What are the requirements if I want to study an English language course?

If you wish to study an English language course we do not require previous education transcripts from you. Students can enrol into an English language course from five to 50 weeks in duration.

Q: Will I get a certificate upon completion?

Yes, you will receive a certificate when you complete your English course.

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.