Application Process

​​​How to apply to Study English at TAFE Western Australia Language Centres


​​1. Find a course

You can choose from a variety of English Language courses. Visit the Study English section for information on courses.

2. Check the entry requirements

All applicants can study at TAFE in the calendar year they are turning 18. There are no English ​or Academic entry requirements to begin our English (ELIC​OS) programs. However, all of our Certificate and Diploma courses have specific Admission and English proficiency requirements. These are listed with each course in our course catalogue.

Make sure that you can meet the entry requirements of your chosen course before you proceed to the next step in the application process.

Application and Acceptance deadlines

Deadlines for submitting applications to TIWA for admission to TAFE programs depend on the assessment level countries students are applying from and whether or not students are applying on or offshore. Level 3 offshore applications should apply early for places, as visa processing can take more time.

Students should also​ be aware that there are deadlines for accepting offers and making fee payment. CoEs will not be issued after the cut off date. This is to ensure that students have a reasonable time to get their visa and ​arrive in time for orientation and the start of classes.

​3. Submit your application

You can apply to study English at a TAFE college by completing your application online via the Application Wizard​. This is our preferred method and will receive priority processing.

If you wish to apply for a TAFE course, the Application Wizard will calculate the level of English you are required to complete before your TAFE course, based on the information you provide.

apply now

Apply using an Education Agent

You can apply directly to TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) or you can apply through one of TIWA's approved education agents. You pay the same fees whether you apply directly to us or through one of our agents.

Many students choose to apply directly, especially as they can use this website to find all the information they need and submit their applications online. Other students choose to use Agents to assist them in preparing and submitting their study and visa applications. If you do not already have an agent, you can find an approved TIWA agent using our Find an Education Agent tool.

Applications submitted online by agents also receive priority processing.

Receive your Letter of Offer

Once we have received your application and supporting documentation, we will assess your eligibility to study your selected course(s). If eligible and there are places available we will send you a Letter of Offer. This letter will be sent to you directly or through the agent you have nominated according to your instructions on the application form.

If we have not received all of the required supporting documentation from you, for example certified copies of certificates etc., then your Letter of Offer will have conditions listed noting the information you still need to provide.

High demand courses like Engineering and Nursing fill up very quickly, so you should consider returning your acceptance and payment promptly.

Please note your place is subject to availability at the time of acceptance and payment.

You must allow sufficient time before your program starts to obtain your visa and make arrangements to come to Western Australia. Usually at least 3 – 6 months is needed to do this.

4. Accept your Offer and Pay

To accept your Offer, you must return your signed Acceptance Letter with:

  • Supporting documentation that you were requested to supply, in your Letter of Offer (i.e. conditions)
  • Payment of your schedule of fees, as indicated on your Letter of Offer

5. Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and apply for your Student Visa

Subject to the availability of places after you have signed and returned the Letter of Acceptance, made full payment and met any conditions, we will provide you with a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) which you will need in order to apply for a Student Visa at the Aust​ralian High Commission or Embassy in your country. You must have a student visa in order to enter Australia and commence your studies.

The latest and most accurate information on obtaining your student visa can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Note: Students from India and Nepal relying on bank loans to fund their studies must ensure their loans are from banks approved by the Department of Home Affairs. View approved banks in Nepal and India.

If you need help obtaining your visa and other aspects of moving to Australia, which may be best provided in your own country or language, then you might like to use the services of one of TIWA’s approved agents. You can find an approved TIWA agent in using our Find an Education Agent tool.

View more information in the Visa section of the website.

6. Receive your Visa and come to Australia to commence your studies

When your student visa has been granted​, you are ready to come to Western Australia to begin your course. Please take note of the Orientation dates for your college a​s you will be provided with important information that you need ​to know to successfully complete your course and to make the most of your time in Western Australia.

You must arrive in Australia prior to the commencement of your course or your enrolment may be deferred to the next available intake and you may have to return home.

​Download Application Form

If you are unable to apply online you can print out an 

Applicat​io​n Form and submit it by post or email.

TAFE International Western Australia
Admissions Team, Locked Bag 16, Osborne Park DC WA 6916

Your Enrolment

Please be aware of the rules that apply to your enrolment:


The following guide will provide additional information to help you start planning for your studies:

​​Start Planning Guide for TAFE students

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.