University Pathway Finder

Find a TAFE WA UniPathway and apply today

​​​Explore the formal arrangements between Western Australian TAFE colleges and universities that allow TAFE Diploma and Advanced Diploma graduates to enter a university degree with advanced standing. Please read essential information about University Pathways and the TAFE Application Process for international students before you apply.​

How to use the Pathway Finder

Select options for university, study area, TAFE college and packaging to see all related formal university pathway arrangements. You can order results by selecting any of the heading arrows and follow links to TAFE college or TAFE qualification for more information.

Credit points

The information about university credit points and tuition costs provides a general guide only. Exact TAFE to university articulation credit transfers and fees depend on a number of factors including your selection of university course and major, and the units which make up the TAFE course at your college. For example, some Curtin University course credit points are indicated by a range, e.g. 100-200 or “up to 400.” Edith Cowan University courses specify “up to” values.

If you are packaging a TAFE course and a university degree, your advanced standing will be reflected on your university offer prior to acceptance. If you are choosing a TAFE course on the basis of future credit transfer to university, you should check with the university prior to making enrolment decisions.

The credit points listed are for current TAFE courses. Please contact us if you would like to check the university articulation for a course no longer offered by TIWA. The Associate Degrees offered by South Metropolitan TAFE are in teach out and are not available for new student enrolments. View a list of existing university articulations for these teach out courses (PDF).

Please select from the options below to view all available pathways

University University Qualification TAFE College TAFE Qualification Credit Points Package

Advanced Standing

To gain the equivalent of one year of advanced standing, you need the following credit points:

  • Curtin University = 200 credit points​
  • Edith Cowan University (ECU) = 120 credit points
  • Murdoch University = 24 credit points
  • University of Western Australia (UWA) = 48 credit points

Students who are interested in university pathways or packaging should contact the relevant university to confirm the credit transfers awarded for each course.

CRICOS Provider Code 00279B

Courses at ECU

CRICOS Provider Code 00125J
Courses at Murdoch


​CRICOS Provider Code 00301J
Courses at Curtin

CRICOS Provider Code 00126G​
Courses at UWA

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.