TAFE International Western Australia (TIWA) is the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) provider, for the delivery of training to international students, enrolled in a TAFE course in Western Australia. This nationally recognised course is delivered by a Western Australian TAFE college on TIWA's behalf. TIWA retains responsibility for the quality of the training and assessment delivered by the TAFE colleges and for the issue of certification documentation to students.
About this course
This course will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge you need to plan, organise, prepare and cook food in a range of kitchens including restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops. You will also learn how to produce dishes that are suitable for different cultural and dietary requirements, food safety and kitchen hygiene and workplace health and safety standards.
College unit information
The college study plan flyer below, provides you with detailed information about your course, including: core and elective units; work placement; assessment methods; and learning resources, facilities and equipment:
South Metropolitan TAFE Study Plan
Please note: If you are enrolled in a package of courses, your TAFE college will ensure you have the opportunity to study the required units for this qualification within your pathway.
Core units for this qualification are:
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
country of origin: INDONESIA
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- South Regional TAFE
Having been born into a family who have all had some connection to the hospitality industry I'm very excited to become part of it and continue the family tradition. I want my passion to reflect in my achievements; to live my dream and also help my family.