before you arrive

If you are studying at a university in Western Australia you will require a Confirmation of Placement from TAFE International Western Australia to secure your child’s dependant visa.

To receive a copy of your Confirmation of Placement you are required to provide the following documents:

  • Completed Confirmation of Placement Request Form
  • Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for the Primary Visa Holder
  • Copy of the Primary Visa holders passport details page
  • Copy of the child/children’s passport details page

Please send these documents to the Admissions Team via email:

This Confirmation of Placement does not guarantee you an enrolment in a public primary or secondary school.

after you arrive

On arrival, to request a place for your dependants in a Western Australia public primary or secondary school, you will need to complete a Request for School Placement of Dependant Child/Children through the international office of your university:

You must not contact the school directly.

Students will ideally be placed in a school close to their local address. However due to a high demand for places in Western Australian public schools, the available school may be some distance from the family’s place of residence and may not be near the university.

Please note: Additional fees for students that require specialist provision or support for disability or English as an additional language that may be required after assessment by the school, must be paid prior to commencement.


The following guide will provide additional information to help you start planning for your studies:​

Start Planning Guide ​for School students

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.