Unique Student Identifier
All students enrolled at a TAFE college in Australia need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). The USI is linked to your enrolment record and gives you easy access to your training records and results whenever you need them.
Once you create your USI you will need to give your USI to each training organisation you study with so that your training outcomes can be linked and you will be able to:
- View and update your details in your USI account
- View and download your transcript of training records and results, which will help you with job applications and enrolment in further training
- Give your training organisation permission to view and/or update your USI account
- Give your training organisation access to view your transcript
- Control access to your transcript
Before you go to the website to create your USI, please make sure you have your Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) with you as the form of ID. Please note that the USI will be linked to your name as it appears on the form of ID you used when you created your USI. That is, you must make sure that you use your full name as it appears on your Visa, as this is what will be recorded and it must match.
Once you have created your USI (www.usi.gov.au/students/create-your-usi) it is a good idea to write down the USI and keep it somewhere handy and safe, as you will need it with you when you attend your designated orientation session or when you first attend the TAFE college at which you are studying.
For more information and instructions
Please read the student information page on the USI website.
Forgotten your USI or password?
The quickest way to retrieve your information is to follow the prompts on the USI website and enter your email address, mobile phone number or personal details. Visit the factsheet pages below to use the function: