international students can now return to Western Australia!
We have some great news to share! WA’s border is opening from Thursday 3 March 2022. From this date Australian Government approved vaccinated international students will be allowed into Western Australia without the need to quarantine. These are the requirements for travel into WA that you need to know:
From 3 March 2022
International travel into WA
Commonwealth Government requirements to enter Australia
- Be fully vaccinated under the Commonwealth Government requirements, if eligible
- Have a registered G2G Pass
- Undertake a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival within 12 hours and report any positive result
Interstate travel into WA
- Have a registered G2G Pass
- Be triple dose vaccinated, if eligible
- Undertake a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival within 12 hours and report any positive result.
The testing arrangements are interim and will be in place for a minimum of two weeks and then be subject to ongoing review. All arrivals will be provided with one Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival to meet these interim testing requirements.
For more information visit the
WA Government website.
BETWEEN 15 FEBRUARY 2022 AND 2 MARCH 2022
To enter Western Australia you must:
- Have an approved G2G pass, with “Enrolled Student in WA” as the exemption category;
- Be triple dose vaccinated if eligible (or double dose vaccinated if not eligible – see below);
- Provide proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24 hours before departure;
- Undertake 7 days of self-quarantine at a suitable premises in Western Australia, with the same requirements for household members at the self-quarantine premises;
- Undertake RAT or PCR testing within 24 hours of arrival, and either a PCR test on day 6 or a RAT on day 7 of self-quarantine. If asymptomatic and a negative test is returned, quarantine is complete after 7 days. If symptomatic, you need to continue isolation until symptoms resolve. Household members, who quarantine with you, will also be required to do a PCR test on your day 6;
- Be subject to mandatory use of the G2G Now app and in-person checks by Western Australian Police as required.
All international students must be double vaccinated to enter Australia. If you’re eligible for a third dose in your home country, you should have that before travelling. However, if not eligible, you can have your third dose in Western Australia. Bookings can be made at the
Rollup WA website.
You should look to book quarantine premises before applying for your G2G pass, as the address of those premises is needed to gain approval. Contact TIWA for advice, or
find suitable self-quarantine hotels in Perth on the StudyPerth Safe Return webpage.
You may be eligible for the self-quarantine payment of $2,000 from the Western Australian Government. Read more information at the Support for International Education webpage.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
answers to Frequently Asked Questions for international students on their website, be sure to take a look at this great resource. StudyPerth also offers free support services including student
welcome packs, virtual drop-in sessions and
WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU!
The team at TIWA understand this has been a difficult time for students eager to begin or resume their studies in Western Australia. We’re here to help you have the smoothest journey back to our state.
If we can help in anyway please
contact us. We look forward to seeing you soon.
The TIWA team