South Metropolitan TAFE staged a student soccer tournament on May 15 2015, arranged by Diploma of Events students and the South Metropolitan TAFE International Centre.
In fine weather, five teams competed and the ELICOS student team won after a close final match.
The event was sponsored by Australian professional football club Perth Glory, with two players and a mascot attending to donate excellent prizes.
The event was a great opportunity for international students to socially engage with local students and other international students and staff members of the institute. Volunteers from the Commercial Cookery class also helped and Media students captured the event.
View photos from the fun-filled student event on South Metropolitan TAFE's Facebook page.
The event has been organised by
Diploma of Events students staged the event as part of their assessment, preparing an official event proposal including the following:
- Budgeting and cost analysis
- Marketing and producing flyers
- Soccer pitch preparation
- Catering requirements including vouchers for meal and drinks
- Entertainment and DJ for day
- Organising photographer and permission slips to be completed by students
- Available resources such as volunteers for the event, referees, linesmen, judges, etc
- First aid and safety processes
- Researching game rules
- Sourcing prizes from possible sponsors
- Event survey
SEE MORE EVENTS ARRANGED BY POLYTECHNIC WEST EVENTS STUDENTS
One event is scheduled by
Diploma of Events students each semester, based on feedback received from students.