Orientation and placement testing takes place on the day you start classes. At orientation you will be met by staff who will:
- provide information about your college and study requirements including timetable, facilities, safety and student support;
- provide a form to apply for a SmartRider public transport card and information to help you settle into life in Perth; and
- assess you for placement in an appropriate English language class.
|Before you attend|
Before orientation you must create your Unique Student Identifier (USI). All students enrolled at a TAFE college in Australia need a USI, which links your enrolment details for easy access to your training records and results whenever you need them.
Please register at
usi.gov.au. To learn more about the USI please visit
Orientation date and time|
On the day you start classes, you must arrive at your campus at 8.45 am for the enrolment, orientation and assessment (level testing) session.
211 Newcastle Street
Perth WA 6000
View location on Google Maps
Please bring these essential materials
- copy of your e-visa;
- copy of your
Letter of Offer received from TAFE International Western Australia;
- results of any English test you may have completed; and
- details of your Perth home address, phone number, email and a phone number for an emergency contact.
If unable to attend, you must contact your International Centre
Phone: +618 6330 1600
If you arrive more than three days late for your ELICOS course of study, you must contact TAFE International Western Australia at
firstname.lastname@example.org and request written approval for your late arrival. Anyone not attending will be marked absent from this date onwards and absences will count towards overall attendance. Please note that the
ELICOS courses offered have tuition of 20 hours per week. There is a strict attendance requirement of 80% for all ELICOS courses in Australia.