Complaints and appeals

Talk to someone at your TAFE college

If you have a complaint about your course of study, you should try to resolve the problem by speaking with a staff member in the International Centre at your college.

The staff member will discuss your complaint and possible courses of action with you. If you are unable to resolve your complaint, you may then make a formal complaint at your college. Your student adviser will be able to help you contact the correct person.

If your issue is still not resolved

Make a complaint to TIWA
If you have lodged a complaint with your college and are not satisfied with the outcome, you may seek a review from TIWA. Students who wish to lodge a review must complete a complaint review form which is available from the International Centre at your TAFE college. TIWA will review the outcome and an independent judgement will be made. You will then be notified in writing of the outcome.

Western Australian Ombudsman
If you have lodged an appeal with TIWA and are not happy with the outcome you have the right to access an external complaints and appeals process. The Ombudsman resolves complaints about the decision making of public authorities and aims to improve the standard of public administration.

Complaints/Appeals must be made in writing to:- Ombudsman Western Australia
PO Box Z5386
St Georges Terrace

The Western Australian Ombudsman will only consider whether TIWA has followed its own policies and procedures and whether the handling of your complaint/appeal has been fair and reasonable.

ESOS Act and National Code

The Australian Government wants international students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and quality study experience.

Australian laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. These laws are known as the ESOS (Education Services for Overseas Students) framework and they include the ESOS Act and the National Code.

For information about ESOS and your rights as an international student in Australia please refer to the ESOS Framework Factsheet.

Added to shortlist view shortlist0
  • You have not added any courses to the shortlist yet.